General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Personal Information Collected
· Date of Birth
· Contact number(s)
· Referrer Details
· GP Details
· Current Medication
How Information is Stored
Personal Information: Personal information that I collect is kept in a locked cabinet.
Session Notes: Handwritten session notes are anonymised by client code and client initials and are also kept in a locked cabinet but separately from personal information.
Mobile phone: My mobile phone is password protected. Contact numbers are stored using client initials.
Email: Email addresses are stored in my Yahoo and Google accounts.
Website: No personal information is stored or collected by my website.
Third party websites: Clients may find content on my website that link to the sites of other third parties. I do not control these sites which have a link to mine and I am not responsible for how they collect, store or use information.
· Personal Details Form: Completed, signed and dated by the client and Celia Clark.
· Information Sheet: Read, signed and dated by the client (includes information on limits to confidentiality, supervision and the complaints procedure).
· Sessional Notes: Held for 7 years to comply with general data protection regulations.
Sharing Personal Information
· Supervision: I attend monthly clinical supervision with a supervisor (who lives out with my local area) to ensure my practice remains safe & ethical. No names or codes are disclosed but some session details may be shared.
· Therapeutic Will: Your name & contact details will be available to my Therapeutic Executor but only in the unlikely event of my sudden death so you can be contacted should you still be in therapy with me. My Therapeutic Executor will sign a confidentiality agreement document.
· Limits to Confidentiality: Confidentiality can never be fully guaranteed. I may have to disclose your personal details and other relevant information because; I am legally obliged to do so, you or someone you tell me about is at serious risk of harm or there is a medical emergency.
· All electronic enquiries are erased after six months.
· All texts & contact numbers are erased six months following the end of counselling.
· Your written information will be held for seven years following the end of therapy. All documents will be shredded before being disposed of.
· Right to Access: You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information, free of charge. You also have the right to ask me to amend or change any incorrect information about you.
· Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to ask me to erase any information that is held by me about you. This includes your personal information that is no longer relevant to original purposes, or if you wish to withdraw consent. In all cases and when considering such requests, these rights are obligatory unless it’s information that I have a legal obligation to retain.
· Data Portability: As the client, you have the right to receive your personal information which you previously provided and you have the right to transfer that information to another party. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018, the data “controller” is Celia Clark (Celia Clark Counselling).